
This week has been a pretty good week so far. When one asks me how I'm doing, I now just say "I feel very pregnant" LOL - sometimes it's best to just keep it simple because when you're pregnant there are sometimes too many things to mention ;)
Lately I've been thinking more and more about things that I am very thankful for and I'd like to take the time to mention some (sidenote: this is not a comprehensive list)
1. God - I stand in awe of His creation - how He created life and how He put into plan how life continues. How two seemingly simple cells can unite and form such a complex little being in just 9 months completely amazes me. And I am grateful for Him sending His only son to die for not only my sins, but the sins of everyone! How great and amazing is God!!!
2. Jonathan, my husband - I don't know what I'd do without him. The man who loved me and continues to love me for who I am despite my vast amount of flaws. The man who will soon be the proud father of our little girl, who loves her dearly even though she is not outside of the womb yet. I love how he talks to her and tells her how much he loves her. Throughout this pregnancy I feel as if I have become closer to him. He has been such a great help, always asking if I need anything and making sure I'm doing ok. I greatly appreciate his help and concerns, he's everything I've hoped for as a husband :)
3. Elizabeth - although my little peanut (well, not to so much a peanut any more lol) isn't here yet I love her still the same and my love for her seems to increase with each passing day. I love being able to feel her move, feel the cute rhythmic hiccups that she usually has once a day, and even when some movements cause some pain and discomfort, I still love her. Soon I will be able to hold her and give my baby sweet little kisses - I want her to know she is loved and that I care very much for her :)
I have so many things I am thankful for (or have been on my mind a lot lately) that if I tried to write them all down I could probably make a nice big book out of them.
The end of this chapter will soon be over and I feel as if I have many things to do before the next chapter begins. Here are a few things that have happened or will be happening in the upcoming days and weeks...
1. Today we received our cloth diapers - so I'll soon be washing those up to have them prepared and ready.
2. Monday will be my 34th week appointment - I go every 2 weeks now - woohoo!
3. Tuesday night will be our last night of our Prepared Childbirth Class. I'm a bit sad because I am really enjoying the class. It has helped settle some of my fears and has helped me to understand the whole childbirthing process even more
4. One Saturday in October my mommy (who lives 13.5 hrs away from me) will be hosting a baby shower for me. We're going to use webcam and Skype :) And then a Sunday in October the congregation I attend will be having a baby shower for me. I am so happy that I have been blessed with friends and family with whom I can share my excitement of Elizabeth's soon arrival! :)
So many things are happening and I feel as if time is slipping away quickly! May God grant me the patience to endure these final weeks and the strength to bring my baby girl into this world!
No comments:
Post a Comment